*** For a limited time, receive 10% off of all Barix IP-Audio devices by using the discount code BARIX10 at checkout!
Part #: Barix M400 SIP Opus Stereo Enc/Dec
Barix Part #: 2019.9260
The cost-effective M400 SIP Opus Codec combines the dynamic flexibility and ease of SIP-based link establishment with the quality and efficiency of the open Opus audio compression format. The SIP Opus Codec devices encode or decode audio signals using the open standard Opus codec, a royalty-free audio compression format known for exceptional quality and reliability in interactive speech and music transmission over the Internet.
The device builds on the Opus codec’s quality, efficiency and low latency with SIP functionality to establish seamless links across SIP-compatible telephone or other IP-based communications systems. Ideal for remote contribution applications, the SIP functionality in the Barix units enables them to dial another device or accept an incoming call and automatically negotiate a transmission link for Opus-based audio streaming. In addition to remote broadcast links, the SIP Opus Codecs offer a reliable, high-quality solution for studio-to-studio (SSL) and studio-to-transmitter (STL) applications at cost-efficient pricing.
Built on Barix’s latest-generation, high-performance IPAM 400 audio module, the stereo M400 SIP Opus Codec can be configured as either an encoder or a decoder, and offers line-level analog input or output with RCA connections. The M400 also supports directly connected USB microphones and supports audio level supervision with SNMP trap generation and integrates easily with third-party SIP-compliant, Opus-compatible products.
- Remote Radio Broadcasting
- SIP based STL
- SIP based Studio to Studio Link
- SIP based audio transport
- 24KHz sampling rate
- Stereo Opus Encoder or Decoder (software selectable)
- Line level inputs or outputs with (RCA connectors)
- Audio level supervision with SNMP trap generation
- Support of multiple coding standards
- Works with SIP Opus compliant 3rd party equipment
- Simple Player support for RTP stream decoding (alternative to SIP connection)
- G.711 (uLaw and aLaw)
Power Supply Input
- External power adaptor, 100-240VAC, 10W
- Male barrel connector: 5.5mm x 2.1mm
Case & Weight
- Aluminum case, 250g
- 108x38x78.7mm (4.25x1.5x3.1 inch)
- Rack mountable using optional accessory